Hello. Please allow me to introduce myself...I'm a man of (intellectual) wealth and taste.
I'm 32 years old, live in Michigan, and I'm currently in grad school at Wayne State University, aiming for a Master's degree in library science. I hope to work in a music archive somewhere. My dream job is to work at the Rodgers & Hammerstein Sound Archive in New York City. If not there, I would love to work in another music archive.
I'm the DJ at a sports bar in Troy, called Champps. If you're ever around there and you read my ramblings, let me know who you are and I'll play a song for you. :) My busiest time of the year is football season (both college and pro) and the NCAA men's basketball tournament--I play the music during commercial breaks, so even though you have to sit through them, you don't have to hear them.
If you haven't figured it out yet, I love all kinds of music (however, I do draw the line at Kenny G.)! I'm the type of guy who will listen to Frank Sinatra one day, and Guns N' Roses the next. My favorite genres of music are jazz, R&B (particularly old school soul & funk), alternative, and rap. My favorite group is the Beastie Boys, and my favorite album ever is their second full-length, "Paul's Boutique". One of my hobbies is taking old records and converting them to compact discs.
My heroes (besides the Beasties) include my family, Frank Zappa, Mick Foley, Jim Henson, and many more...just ask!
I love to travel. I haven't been able to afford to do that so much lately, but my favorite places to visit are New York, San Francisco (actually, anywhere in northern California), and Chicago. I've also been to the Caribbean, Mexico, Canada, and Israel. I've done a lot of cool stuff in my life...just ask.
I also love sports. Favorites are baseball, basketball (college and pro) and football (more college than pro). Pro wrestling is also a guilty pleasure...I've been watching the WWE for about 20 years, and am just now getting into TNA.
I'm into meeting people who are into music, into theatre, intellectual pursuits, movies, sports....just don't strut around like your stuff doesn't stink or be a bully. If you act like a jackass, I will call you out. Not a threat, just a promise.
That's all for now...I'll be dropping the knowledge as time permits. And if you don't know, now you know...
No comments:
Post a Comment